How it affects my life having a mom stylist

It is more than you might think. It can lead to a lot of "problems" or just annoying situations when your mom is a stylist and you are a thirteen year old boy!


There is a situation that just happens so many times and I just cannot get around it unless my mom is not home. Anywhere I go (like outside when I get dressed), my mom always checks on me when we are saying goodbye to each other. Before I leave she says either: "Okay, you can go." or: "Come here." and that is the problem situation, especially when I am going to school and I'm in a hurry because I do not have a lot of time, and she just makes me even more stressed because I get the thought of coming late for class. So anyways, when she says that, she either goofs with my scarf (another way of saying that: she makes the scarf look normal, not horrible), or she puts my coat in the right position, also put other stuff in different positions like the hat or the trousers or other. That is around this time of the year since it's getting kinda cold here in Slovakia.
But in the summer she wants my hair different. Not that she would not like the style, she just doesn't like the way it stands. So she asks me almost every day: "Don't you want to make your hair shaped so it stands in one place?", and I am like: "No, because I don't want to have sticky hair in the evening.". So even if she hates it and she knows that I hate that question she asks me the question almost every day. So that wraps up one of the situations that affect my life with my mom being a professional stylist. But I still love it

There is another situation that happens often, and this one makes me even more mad, because either I don't want to do it, or I don't have time for it and it makes my mom both sad and angry.
It is a situation that is about the clothes, of course, but about changing. Imagine: you woke up late, you are having a bad day, you just throw some clothes on, get ready, eat breakfast and all those hygiene intended morning routines and when you are ready to go your mom says one of these sentences:

  • "Are you sure you want to wear that?" or
  • "Don't you want to get some different clothes?" or
  • "Don't you think you look weird?" and other questions like these
This is so problematic, since in the situation above when you are having a bad day and you don't have much time you just have to get dressed differently because your mom is not happy with you look. And it doesn't have to be style intended, it can be a problem with the temperature, or for my sister that her outfit doesn't look that good for a school girl.


There are a lot more difficult situations with your mom being a stylist but there are good sides for it as well, but I will mention that in other blog post, so keep up around here!



Check out my other blog: https://mattjustmatt.blogspot.sk

Comments